DO 55, s. 2016 - Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program
The Department of Education (DepEd) is adopting the enclosed Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
DepEd will conduct the following assessments through the Bureau of Education Assessment:
- Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Assessment to be administered at the end of Grade 3 as a key stage assessment to determine if students are meeting the learning standards in early language, literacy, and numeracy;
- Exit Assessments to be administered in Grade 6, Grade 10 and Grade 12 to determine if learners are meeting the learning standards of the Elementary, Junior High School and Senior High School curriculum;
- Career Assessment to be administered in Grade 9 to determine learners’ aptitudes and occupational interests for career guidance;
- Accreditation and Equivalency Assessment to be taken by out-of-school youth and adults to certify completion of elementary and secondary education; and
- Grade Level Placement Assessment for learners in special circumstances specified in Section 6 to determine their appropriate grade level in the formal system.