|Dr. Peter P. Laurel, LPU Batangas President |
Photo credits: http://lpubatangas.edu.ph/
Presumptive President Rodrigo Duterte has announced Dr. Peter P. Laurel, President of Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU), Batangas and Laguna Campuses to be the new Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary replacing Brother Armin Luistro, FSC during his Press Conference, Monday.
Laurel is the grandson of former president Jose Laurel and son of former senator Sotero Laurel. His family established LPU, where Duterte finished Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
Outgoing Education Secretary Armin Luistro declined to comment on the choice of Laurel as his successor, saying the announcement has yet to become official.
- Duterte on K-12
- Marcos leads VP race
- Gov’t workers to get 14th month pay in full this week
- Drug lords are fleeing the Philippines, even before Duterte sits as President
- Votes from OFW can make Bongbong Marcos as the next Vice President
- “I will raise teachers' salary by 10K next year ” — Mayor Rodrigo Duterte
- Teaching English Grammar: What to Teach and How to Teach it