- Civil Engineering
- Graduated from College
- Must be willing to be relocated to any area in the Philippines
- Education - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering relevant to the job
- Experience - No experience required
- Eligibility - RA 1080
The DepEd Project Engineer, under the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division of the Central Office, shall be assigned to a specific Division Office through the Office of the School Governance and Operations Division to provide support in school building construction, validation and rehabilitation on a per project basis.
They should perform the following tasks:
For DepEd Implemented Projects:
- Conduct site appraisal for schools construction to determine buildable space, recommend appropriate building types or determine scope of repair works on school facilities. This includes preparation of technical working drawings, cost estimates, schedules and other documents needed for said projects;
- Represents the DepED Central Office in pre-construction and construction meetings;
- Monitors the implementation of the construction/repair program of the Division and assist in the resolution of issues and concerns;
- Reviews and validates work accomplishment reports of the contractors, billings, as built plans, and submit report on findings;
- Provides technical assistance to the recipient schools to ensure proper project implementation;
- Conducts regular on-site inspection of on-going construction projects and submits report of findings, recommendations and status of implementation to PFSED;
- Works closely with the Regional and Division Offices and keeps them informed on the progress of construction, repair/rehabilitation work in the schools.
For DPWH implemented projects:
- Conduct site appraisal with DPWH District Engineering Office to determine buildable space, recommend appropriate building types and other cost related matters to the proposed project;
- Regularly coordinate with DPWH-DEO on their compliance on the Joint Memorandum Circular between DepEd and DPWH;
- Conducts regular monitoring of School Building projects being implemented by DPWH to ensure that projects are completed in the agreed cost, time and standards;
- Works closely with the Regional and Division Offices and keeps them informed on the progress of construction, repair/rehabilitation work in the schools;
- Conducts spot checking inspection of delivered desks and chairs under the School Furniture Program;
- Prepares and submits Engineer’s Inspection Reports twice a month for every tasks assigned;
- Performs related tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor or head of office.