Frequently Asked Questions on Dividends
When does GSIS give dividends?
According to Section 25 of RA 8291, the GSIS Act of 1997, "An annual dividend may be granted to all members of the GSIS whose life insurance is in force for at least one (1) year in accordance with a dividend allocation formula to be determined by the GSIS."Â
Who are entitled/qualified to receive dividends?
Only members with active policies are entitled to dividends. The following are not entitled to dividends:
- Members whose policies (LEP) matured during the year;
- Members whose policies lapsed during the year;
- Members whose policies were terminated due to death, retirement or separation from service during the year;
- Members who have defaulted in their salary and consolidated loans for at least twelve (12) months and/or have unpaid premiums for at least twelve (12) months as of the date of reckoning; and
- Employees of suspended agencies as of the date of reckoning.
Screenshot from Deped Tambayan Facebook Group
You may join the discussion by clicking the image
Is the grant of dividends dependent on the financial performance of the fund?
Yes. The grant of dividends is dependent on the financial performance of the Social Insurance Fund. The amount of dividends declared for the compulsory life insurance policyholders for this year is P 930 million, an increase of almost 14% over the P 818 million declared last year.
SOURCE: GSIS WEBSITE