Celebrate NHRCW this December 4-10 with the theme "Karapatang Pantao: Igalang, Ipagtanggol, Isakatuparan."
04 December 2015
No. 152 , s. 2015
2015 NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS CONSCIOUSNESS WEEK (NHRCW)
1. Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 9201, otherwise known as the National Human Rights Consciousness Week Act of 2002, which declared December 4-10 of every year as the National Human Rights Consciousness Week in the country, the Department of Education (DepEd) joins the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) and other government agencies in celebrating the 2015 National Human Rights Consciousness Week (NHRCW) with the theme "Karapatang Pantao: Igalang, Ipagtanggol, Isakatuparan. "
2. The Celebration aims to:
a. increase public awareness on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), adopted by the United Nations in 1948;
b. promote respect and understanding on the rights proclaimed under the universal declaration in order to create a sustainable human rights culture in the country; and
c. propagate, particularly among students, the culture of respect and awareness against child-abuse.
3. By virtue of the said law, all government agencies, including governmentowned and controlled corporations, are mandated to celebrate the week through simple and appropriate ceremonies and activities to make people aware of their basic human rights in relation to the functions and services offered by these government instrumentalities
4. In view of the foregoing, the central, regional and division offices, including schools, are encouraged to undertake the following activities:
a. Hanging of the No to Bullying banner that can be downloaded through tinyurl.com/shoobully (Enclosure No. 1);
b. Hanging of the streamers depicting this year's theme that can be downloaded through tinyurl.com/NHRCW2015 (Enclosure No. 2);
c. Recitation of the Panunumpa sa Karapatang Pantao during Flag Ceremony on December 6, 2015; (Enclosure No. 3);
d. Playing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Video that can be downloaded through tinyurl.com/DEUDHR2015;
e. Holding of other activities with the participation of both public and private schools consistent with the theme and objectives of the Celebration; and
f. Dissemination of information about the various human rights laws.
5. The school heads, with the Social Studies department heads, are requested to send reports or documentation on the activities conducted in relation to the NHRCW.
6. For more information and submission of reports, all concerned may contact Ms. Ronalyn Pilones, Office of the Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs, Ground Floor, Rizal Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City either at telephone no. (02) 633-7205 or through email address: email@example.com.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. L ISTRO FSC Secretary
DepEd Memorandum No. 136, s. 2014
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS AND FESTIVALS
HUMAN RIGHTS EDUCATION
SMA, DM '2015 Natl. Human Rights Consciousness Week Act of 2002
0784-December 2, 2015